- Priority - Critical
- Affecting Server - cphost14
One of our shared hosting servers in the UK - server cphost14 was infected and damaged by a Ransomware, called JungleSec.
We are working to restore the server, we will update this notification, as soon as we have more info.
THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED and the server is fully restored and in operational state.
Note, that this is not our fault, as the server was infected through an insecure IPMI interface, due to data center negligence, it wasn't QHoster's fault and we are already working to restore from backup.
More info on this ransomware : https://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/79219/malware/junglesec-ransomware-ipmi.html
UPDATE#1: We have restored the server and now our team is restoring user accounts from backups. This will take awhile, but we hope it will be completed soon. Watch for new updates on the issue.
UPDATE#2: We are making progress and more than 2/3rds of the accounts on the server are already restored, we expect the entire process to finish by Tuesday, 20th of July 2021.
UPDATE#3: We have completed the server restoration. All users were restored from available backups. Now you should be able to use your services, just as before. In case you find any issues, let us know.
We plan to make a compensation (add free time) to every user account on this server. This will be announced soon.
UPDATE#4: This is the last update on the incident - we are informing you, that all affected client accounts on the server received a 1 month on top of their billing, as a compensation. [END]
Thank you for your patience during this incident. We appreciate!
- Date - 07/12/2021 08:23
- Last Updated - 07/21/2021 10:51
- Priority - High
- Affecting Server - cphost21
The cPanel server CPHOST21 is ongoing urgent maintenance and will be back online later today
Thank you for your patience.
UPDATE #1: We were able to bring the server back, but there are still issues with it and it doesn't work, we are working to fix it...
- Date - 07/08/2021 09:22
- Last Updated - 07/08/2021 13:10
- Priority - Critical
- Affecting System - ovzhost26
One of our OpenVZ VPS nodes in Germany has suffered an irreparable disk drives damage and will be phased out:
- Node affected: ovzhost26 [Germany]
- Clients affected: All VPS servers on the node.
- If you are still able to connect to your VPS - do it and backup and download any valuable information, as we cannot guarantee for how long it will be operational
- We will give a replacement VPS on another node in Germany for every VPS server on the affected node
- In case you are not able to connect to your VPS on the affected node - note, that we are not able to assist and recover any data, as the damage is too much and is beyond repair and/or extraction of data. It would be pointless to ask for assistance from us in this case, unfortunately. In such case, we hope you do follow the best practices and do have a recent backup of your data
- We will give an extra month of service to the replacement VPS free of charge, as a compensation for this issue.
Should you need to contact us or have any additional questions, feel free to open a support ticket from your client area.
- Date - 07/07/2021 11:17
- Last Updated - 07/07/2021 11:23
- Priority - Medium
- Affecting Other - Datacenter Switzerland
There is an ongoing maintenance in the Switzerland Datacenter - power sources upgrades.
During these procedures, you may experience a small downtime or network interruptions.
After this is complete, the power sources for all servers in Switzerland will be upgraded to ensure improved stability and expansion capacity.
- Date - 06/20/2021 08:00 - 06/26/2021 07:00
- Last Updated - 06/23/2021 08:32